Windycon Convention Rules
Remember to be nice to others and treat everyone as you would like to be treated. The convention reserves the right to revoke your membership with no refund for disrupting the convention or breaking any rules as well as causing trouble of any sort. If it’s illegal in Illinois or Lombard it is illegal at the convention.
These rules are specific to Windycon, and are in addition to all of the policies set forth by ISFiC, including but not limited to the ISFiC Code of Conduct.
Here are a few rules you need to be aware of:
- You must have your badge with you at all times in order to enter or stay in any convention function.
- You must present your badge to any member of the staff, including our door guards, who request it.
- A lost badge may be replaced at Registration for the cost of an at-the-door badge.
- No real weapons or anything that can be mistaken for one can be carried on premises. Costume and prop weapons must be approved by Operations and Convention Security and, if necessary, be peace bonded.
- Any weapons purchased in the dealers’ room, real or not, must be taken from the dealers room to your room or to Operations for approval if you wish to carry it.
- No projectile instruments of any kind. Not real, not Nerf, nothing.
- No live steel period.
- All bladed weapons must remain sheathed at all times except for a presentation during the masquerade.
- If you wish to use a weapon in the masquerade you must clear it with the masquerade director and transport it directly to the event and then directly back to your room afterwards
- Anything used as a weapon in any threatening manner, whether real, real looking, prop, toy, or otherwise, will result in its confiscation and possibly the revocation of your membership without refund.
- If you damage the hotel you will pay to fix it.
- We want to leave the hotel in as good, or better, condition than as we found it. They like us and we like them and we want them to invite us back.
- The hotel allows dogs under 30 pounds to stay in your hotel room as long as they are well behaved and quiet when they are alone.
- Windycon does not allow any pets of any sort in convention space.
- Windycon abides by the service animal requirements set out by the ADA
- Windycon observes the Federal ADA’s definition of service animal. For their definition please follow the link above.
- All service animals must be registered with Windycon. When you arrive at the convention, head to Operations and inform them that you have a service animal. After your service animal is verified, as outlined below, it will be issued a Service Animal Badge at no cost.
- If you have any questions about service animals at Windycon, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All service animals must be registered with Windycon and have their service animal badge visible at all times.
- Only dogs or miniature horses will be recognized as service animals.
- Service animals are required to be leashed or harnessed except when performing work or tasks where such restriction would interfere with the animal’s ability to perform their work or tasks.
- An animal whose sole function is the provision of emotional support, comfort, well-being, or companionship are not considered service animals under the ADA. The ADA clearly defines that a service animal for neurological and psychiatric disorders must be trained to do work and perform tasks. The use of service dogs or miniature horses for psychiatric and neurological disabilities is explicitly protected under the ADA